Monday, April 10, 2006

Spring? Where the hell is Spring?



Cold, horribly wet, howling winds, no one else about! No sailing!

When will Spring finally get here?

I got the boat down to the beach this weekend but the weather has been so horrible that it has been unwise to go out on the water.

Yesterday the wind was not so strong (about 12mph) but there was a sea running and the wind was very cold (out of the North) with rain and I just decided that it was unsafe to even go for a sail as there was no one else around.

The problem is that if we go out and did get into trouble then there is a real risk of exposure and no one to help. So not a smart to go out in such conditions.

So here I am, at home, getting frustrated about the weather. What makes it worse is that I am away next weekend (Easter Hols) and so won't be sailing. At least three other club members will be getting thier boats down for that weekend and I won't be there.

Oh well, I guess I will be sailing again soon enough.

In the mean time I can put some extra effort into PoppyCock, I've finally started fitting the Bow tank. I'll put some pictures up in due course, it might be helpful for others doing the same thing.

1 comment:

EVK4 said...

I feel your pain...I got my first fix in almost two months over the weekend. Sail blogging might be a bad thing for the winter....all I wrote about was weather complaints and how much money I was spending on boatstuff.