Sunday, February 23, 2014

mostly done!

I have just about completed the repair of the hull now. This first image is the repair when I lifted off the weights and peeled off some of the masking tape.

The second and third images show the repair as I cleaned it up and sanded down to give a smooth even finish. I used some two part plastic filler to fill in the small cracks and a few dints and the result was quite reasonable.
I think in hindsight the second patch should have been slightly larger as I think it would have had a better shape to it, its a little flat and should be more curved but its ok, it will do.

The final image shows the repair with the undercoat of paint ready for the top coats that will go on as the hull is completely repainted with at least two coats of Fire Red International Toplac.

No comments: