Saturday, October 13, 2007

End of another sailing season


A week ago I collected Wild Goose (E20202) from the Beach and took her home, stripped her out and the next day took her down to Chipping Onger in Essex where Gerry Ledger is going to repair her battle damage and fix a few other things that need doing.

Today I collected PoppyCock from the beach and she is now snug in the garage awaiting my Daughters loving attention over the winter. I say 'My Daughter' because Emma is buying Poppy and is going to sail her in the new year 'up north' somewhere in the vicinity of Newcastle.
So yes Chris if your reading this I'm sorry but you're gonna have to find another boat to buy but
I am sure that you will (and I haven't fogotten the £10 I owe you).

All that is left is for Billy Boy (the ancient 420 in the picture above) to be collected and stored away somewhere. Although I am tempted to leave her there a while in case I get an opportunity to take her for a spin on a nice day (Hope springs eternal in the human breast!).

Ideally I would like to do a spot of racing over the winter somewhere but its a cost and time thing. The new term has started and I have lots of study to do and plenty of work.


The beach was looking stunning again but somehow a bit desolate. The lack of water doesn't help but somehow the emptyness of the seascape echos an inner feeling. It's not a bad feeling, a bit sad but I guess thats ok. Next season is not that far away really.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

Yes I am reading your blogs - full of interest as usual. No probs re PoppyCock. I'd have loved to have bought her, but I'm sure something else will turn up. Good luck with her Emma.

Have a great winter and I look forward to seeing you and your family again next season, which I hope comes round quickly. It's kite flying time for me now.

Chris.

P.S. I haven't forgotten the tenner. With interest accruing, I should be a wealthy man next year....

Tim Coleman said...

Hey Chris,
great to hear from you. I hope you can find a good boat at a good price. If you need some advice/help, drop me a line.

We will have to get together for a beer sometime over the winter.

Tim

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that Tim.

Yes a beer at some stage would be good. In the meantime, if you hear of any ents going for a reasonable price then please let me know.

All the best.

Chris.