Friday, April 06, 2007

First race at Snettisham Beach SC of the 2007 sailing season

This morning I was out of bed at 6:30am, on the road to the beach by 7am, arrived by 7:40am in good time for the first race of the year. The wind was a nice F2 NW with a bit of a chill, the sea had a slight chop, the sky was a beautiful blue, perfect for the first race of the year.
(Picture taken on camera Phone)










Only one problem .... there was absolutly nobody about. We hung around for about 30 minutes, still no one. If I had remembered to bring my club keys we would have gone out for a sail just for the hell of it but I had stupidly left them at home. So we went home, picked up the keys and went back to the beach and got in a good hours of sailing! Fantastic! Enough wind to sit out upwind and surfing on the waves off the wind.

Well lets see if anybody at SBSC can be bothered to get out of bed tomorrow! (is that a bit harsh?) If not I shall just enjoy another solitary sail! I actually began to wonder if I would be better off sailing at another club but there is no certainty that another club would be any better. I guess I just going to have to wait until folk realise that the season has started.

No comments: