Friday, December 29, 2006

Half Decked




















I have completed half the deck on PoppyCock. The hardest bit was the foredeck fitted and getting the join with the side decks right with no gaps. I had thought of doing a scarf joint for added strength but decided it would be easier to do a but joint where the deck knee meet the frame.














I have now marked out the second half ready to cut out and shape. Once thats done I can sheath the innerside and then glue the deck panels in place.

Then I can trim, shave and sand all the edges, fill in any gaps and prepare it for a couple of coats of varnish. Oh and I have to make a new breakwater too. I'm not quite sure how to do that yet as it has to slope fowards and the two halves have a miter joint on the centre line, but I'll do it.

I am enjoying this but can't give it enough time plus the weather has been very cold. I hope to have the rest of the deck completed by the end of the Christmas break.

No comments: