Saturday, April 04, 2020

A race from last year


With no sailing possible I am checking out videos online of racing plus reviewing my one videos. This is one is from a race at the Albacore National championships held at the Welsh National Sailing Academy in Pwllheli.
My crew for the event was my daughter Emma, an experienced dinghy sailor, venturing into an Albacore from her usual Enterprise. Earlier in the year we sailed together in her Enterprise in the Masters held at Leigh and Lowton SC - my current home club.
Emma inveted a new game - Racing-with-Dad Bingo which uses key phrases that I might utter such as "Jib in" and "Where's the wind gone?".
The event was really good fun with some excelent racing and socials. We finished in the top ten so clearly have some room for improvement - like starting and keeping the boat flat.

No comments: