Thursday, May 01, 2014

Single handed Albacore racing

Bore yourself silly for an hour or so (or as long as you can stand it) with this tedious video of me racing my Albacore single handed at Midland Sailing club on the last Wednesday evening of April. Count the number of errors I make and list them for me. I can see quite a few. The remarkable thing is that in this pursuit race I finished second but apparently I get a 2 minute time penalty for being single handed in a two person boat (boo!) You can always skip bits but watch out for rather nice reaches where I manage to get her planing (lovely!!). (You might want to turn the volume down because the noise of the pole banging on the mast and the mainsheet slipping through the ratchet block are amplified by the boom on which the camera is mounted.)

.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey there , if you or anyone you know , has articals stories ect... that they'd be intrested in submitting for shackles and cringles ,send ⛵them my way 😄